...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Chemo delayed.

Oncology called yesterday and my doctor was off  and will not be in this morning, so chemo is on hold till I can see her and get the ok for it. They had just gotten my pathology on the MRSA. They scheduled me for 1:45 today. Right at naptime. :) Once she clears me, more than likely they said I will be scheduled for Friday morning.

Wondering how long chemo drugs stay in your system after you've finished. Having last weeks put on hold I thought I'd be dancing in joy and happiness feeling good this week. lol Maybe its the MRSA. I guess I've actually only had 2 full days and one that first night of new correct drug for it. I DID read on other peoples blogs, chemo patients, that had gotten MRSA, have a difficult time with repeat infections with it, one poor lady had it 11 times! YIKES! BUT, I also read one recommendation of swabbing your nose daily with Neosporin or Bacitracin makes a HUGE difference. That is DEFINATLY on my list to ask doctor and supply up on!!!  :) New goal is to get rid of this and keep it from returning. I now wipe the toilet seat with Lysol wipes every time after I use it to keep anyone else in this house from getting it. Made me think about the cancer center where I get my chemo. There are no wipes in there bathroom and no toilet seat covers. And no doctor had warned me of this possibility. I wonder how many patients in there may have it and are too embarrassed to ask the doctor about it. hmmm I believe I've been carrying this from first round of chemo almost 2 mths when I told her about it after first chemo and SHOWED her it and she gave me wrong meds.  :/  I have am not one to be embarrassed to mention something if it's making me sick but others may be.

Ahh live and learn. :) Focus on keeping healthy and making certain changes. Off to start my day! I plan to make it a good one! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment