...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another good day and another test out of the way!

I spent most of the morning thinking today was Monday, due to the holiday weekend, but finally around 11 pm a friend pointed it out that I was a day off! Oh well. I knew I had my appt today for my MUGA scan I was just a little thrown off with the actual day of the week it was! I had a change of plans and decided to take along Si with us (my 3 yr old) since I had a heads up that my scan was a "resting scan" that would only be around an hour and a half. So my gracious sister Shel, (who has been my assistant with scheduling appts, choosing doctors, taxi service and consultant, amungst many other titles) came to pick us up and take us to it. We try to keep Grammy (our mom) up to date via texts and phone calls during these types of appts due to her needle phobia, lol. I bet there's a word for that! I may have to look it up so that I can torture her a bit later with all this treatment!

 Anyhow, off the 3 of us went! A very easy procedure that involved an I.V. and some fluids, wait 20 min, and some more fluids, and then some scans. In between my fluids I was able to go into the waiting room and check on those 2 who seemingly were having a grand time, snacking on cookies and chips and playing some dice! :) My only gripe over the whole procedure though was the LOVELY older nurse who so KINDLY asked me if it were my GRANDSON in the waiting room that I was checking on. I very politely explained that NO that was my son out there. I received silence after that. LOL Seriously??? I'm 40!!! I even called my mom and we had a chuckle over it UNTIL we mentioned to her that if I were the granny then that made her the GREAT granny! Now I will have to post a pic soon, so that you can all reassure me that I'm not granny looking! ;)   hmmm maybe the lack of sleep and the anxiety has aged me a  bit in the last few weeks, but surely not to the granny looking stage.

But all in all, a pretty good day. No pain, no waiting, and all in a timely fashion! We were able to make it home in time to snuggle in together and doze off to some make believe stories that we tend to tell each other at naptime!

Then later this evening I ran to the mall and treated myself to a new Pens shirt for the game friday, and came home to some company , (my half sis and kids) who had brought me some goodies again. I will say that these last few weeks of inpromtu random presents has been a real treat! Feeling very LOVED and very spoiled. Great day overall I must admit!

No comments:

Post a Comment