...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sugical Port in!

Ahh almost the weekend. Have a few days off of no doctors , I think! lol  Port surgery was a breeze at the time and up till about 3 hours post surgery. The port sight that they said you can't notice is certainly noticable. Looks like a few quarters stuck in there under the skin! BUT the port side has very little pain. Just some tenderness if bumped.  Now the line that runs from port into my upper neck area to the main artery is a bit of a different story. It's rather painful. Similar to sleeping the wrong way and waking up to your neck hurting similar to a whiplash, or sleeping in the wrong postion or somthing. Im unable to turn neck to the left. I think this is a temp thing. They said first few days be very cautious, then just next 2 weeks to to take it easy and no strenuous activities. :)  This I can do! Heading outdoors to enjoy the sun and watch little one play! The things small children come up with makes me smile everyday! He's just so entertaining. Thank god for my little distraction! He's my inspiration to kick this cancer in the bum and out the door!  :) Have a Blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment