...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Chemo day.

6am on a Thursday morning. Moving slow. Waiting on tea wakeup, along with meds. Then a quick shower and dress for the arctic temps at chemo. Learned real quick to dress warm, take slippers and blankie, along with a tank top with a zip jacket cover. Need easy access to my power port, but also need maintain some level of warmth!  Rough time of year to find some comfy cozy sweats! Short people need sweats with elastic ankles or your stuck with dragging pant legs. lol And the style in the store now they stop at below your knees! This chickie needs them to go all the way to the ankles. Managed to find ONE pair at the mall, Oscar the grouch on them, go figure. Haha, but a perfect fit.


Snuggle buddy up and on lap already. :) He has his older brother "hanging out" with him all morning.

Managed to get the time shortened last 2 weeks though. First 2 rounds were from 8 till 3:30 and now I go at 8 and can generally get out of there by 1230 or 1 at the latest. And in another few weeks I will scratch another hour off. (Iron is 6 weeks, and takes an hour to go thru i.v.)  I have 3 of them down.

Don't want to get too excited and settled into routine, thinking this new 8 to 1 thing is too good, being that this Tuesday is another sonogram and pending the outcome it could change the course of treatment. Hard to say though. all I know is that if this tumor has shrank or stayed stayed same all is good, but if it has grown, things will HAVE to change. Deal with that next week when we have more  info. I just know that if it has grown in size, I will be back to researching, my next step. With my HER2+ being a plus 3, if this thing isn't changing I'm not sure I want to chance it remaining in there. Don't want to give it the opportunity to move into lymph nodes and beyond.  Wait and see what sono says.

Simon will be hanging out this morning with his brother Kaleb. Kaleb's 2nd week he offered, seeing me stress and worry over who will watch baby. Zac may pop over for laundry, but he's hit and miss, and Grandpa always checks in for me while I'm there. :) I don't doubt Kaleb has it under control though. Kaleb has my back, he just had to switch some plans around for me. Other grandma Rak had offered, but needed me home by 1130ish so she didn't miss bingo start. Chemo doesn't give me an option to speed it up or cancel or reschedule. It's just one of those things ya gotta do.

I KNOW more than anyone what an inconvenience this all is. I live it. But have to do what I have to do. :) Sooo, off to drink my tea, and shower and get ready here. Shelly does my pick up at 730. :) I could prob easily drive there, but getting home would be pretty difficult. The Benadryl i.v. seems to take its toll on me. Hour of that stuff and I'm passed out for couple hours, and before you know it I
am done. Done but soo loopy I can barely walk outa there. lol

VERY interesting to see if I need that Nuegen booster shot this week. 3 weeks in a row I didn't need it and was just going to get it automatically without a blood count....till I brought it up.  It comes with nasty side effects and some permanent damage to other organs over time. Truly shocked and disappointed that I had to suggest a blood count to check and see if it was needed weekly or not. Crossing fingers my counts still up and don't need it, but not opposed to getting it, if it is REALLY needed. Smart girl though, I started asking for print out of blood count :) altho the numbers truly mean nothing to me I feel better having them in hand lol

Well off to shower, and put on my face. There's just something about  a girl having her makeup on that makes the whole world a little brighter and easier to tackle. ;) And lipstick, always a must. <3

Have a great Thursday!  And god bless! 

No comments:

Post a Comment