...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday morning and absolutely beautiful weather!

Windows open! Lovely breeze coming through!

This is the 3rd time I've posted in a half an hour and I hit something that deletes the entire post, so this one I'm slightly agitated! :)  I have no idea what I am bumping on laptop that does this and it drives my BONKERS!!!!  lol ok moving on......

Yesterday was wonderful. All pumped up from Fridays chemo, the premeds make you feel well that night and some of the next day. :) I managed to get out an hour or so Friday and visit some friends a little and have some normal free time with adults. Yay! Then yesterday I managed to get some things done that had been put off for months such as sorting Simon's outgrown clothing. Ended up with 36 pairs of pants and 29 shirts he had outgrown along with 16 pairs of pjs. Took a pic of it all and sold everything within a few hours on our face book flea market. :) Much easier getting him dressed without having to dig through what still fits!  3yr olds grow like weeds!

Then my new friend Tony and his son Calub stopped by with a trailer and removed ALL of my construction garbage!! I was THRILLED!!! (A friend had offered but told me he needed $90 to do it) but things are a bit tight with copays and OTC meds and such.) So needless to say, I am just so happy to have my back door area and swing available to enjoy again! There really are so many good people out there. <3 blessed. He has done so much work here, with our bartering system, gone above and beyond, and still tells me to go and get my new floor tile to get my foyer areas replaced! I think I will look into that this week!

Our picnic at Shelly's house last night went very well too. I was starting to feel run down but managed to go and made it till 930. Couldn't really participate in any of the fun stuff, and was afraid to eat, only a banana stayed down all day yesterday. So I made a small sample plate, and it was FABULOUS.....but it stayed in for about a half hour. :/ Still worth it lol. We had, beef brisket and ribs, and chicken stuffed and wrapped in bacon, hot dogs, cheesy tater casserole, pasta dishes, I had made haluski also, and cole slaw, many different dips and things, TONS of desserts too! My plate was just a small bite sample of everything. But all wonderful, for that half hour. lol

By 930, I was very much expired. Ready to crawl to car and get home!  :) Simon too. all wound up, got his bath and off to bed!

Today the big plan is NOTHING. Although my mind wants to sort my clothing, and sot more hoarder piles, and have a bite to eat, my body isn't cooperating. The muscle aches and bone pain, and belly issues tell me today is a day of rest. :/ I am hoping for some sunshine later, just enough to slip over to mom's and float in the pool with my eyes closed, minus baby and Brian. :)  Guess we will see if Mr. Sunshine cooperates.

I did get ditched yesterday by a friend who was supposed to join me at picnic, and was very disappointed that she didn't bother to take my calls or texts when I started to worry something was wrong after 2 hours of trying to get ahold of her. :/ She ended up texting me 2 hours later telling me she changed her mind and went out drinking instead. Not a big deal , but enough to hurt my feelings but not just being honest and saying it up front. Had I known she couldn't make it, I would have opened up that spot to invite another. :( Very disappointing. I've noticed I've lost a lot of friends, since I cant do a lot of things that I used to, but I try to focus on the others and even new ones that have stepped up and really pulled through for me. It's hard accepting my limitations and hard to keep focused sometimes on my new lifestyle. But I am doing it! I know I'm different, and I know I have cancer but I am still me. I try and maintain a balance of old and new and make the most of things. :)

Still working on the acceptance part that I am sick. I just can't completely absorb it all yet, but as each day passes I'm learning new ways to accept the changes. :) With god's help, and my wonderful family and friends it makes things so much more tolerable! I'm getting there!! 2 chemos down and 14 to go!!! Praying for the 6 mth minimum to work with the chemo!!! Herceptin I.V. drug is still a year BUT it will be without the chemo (hopefully) and I can move forward with hair growth and surgery!

In 2 weeks, I have a sonogram to check the cancer size and see if this chemo is working also. Can't wait!!!!! Praying its working!

Off to enjoy my Sunday morning!! Mr. Sun needs to pop out later, so I sneak away alone to mom's pool and float in the sun an hour or so..... 

Enjoy your day, as I plan too! God Bless!!!  <3

Hope everyone enjoys this beautiful Sunday. I sure am.


No comments:

Post a Comment