...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Monday, July 15, 2013

New week. Happy Monday ;)

Looks like it will be a hot one. 90's most of the week. Pending my energy level maybe it will be a good pool week at mom's! Spent most of yesterday there though, and NOT a great idea for that time length. Makes for a rough evening.  Need to slow it down and focus and rest a little. This treatment is still pretty rough. Body can be easily worn out just being away from home for a few hours.

We did have a good time, though. Watching the little ones swim and run around it was well worth the sacrifice of moving from pool lounger to laying on the swing, to chair lounging. lol Food looked good to, ate a little but not much luck in keeping it in there. :/

But we did manage to spend family time, and the dog cleaned up and house flea bombed. Will be interesting to see if those little buggers resurface. SURELY not! lol You'd think I have  a house full of pets, instead of one little almost 11 yr old peek a poo. She's looking much better today and not scratching, so MAYBE, her bath and powder and the bombing worked.

Today looks like trying to rest and running into the bathroom every couple of hours. Not a whole lot of fun. I do need a run to pharmacy, ran out of the folic acid, and called in a refill, but didn't make it out to pick up yet. I'm holding out hope that once the iron iv, b12, folic acid, magnesium, and sodium levels get back to normal range that my energy level increases. My heart hurts for those who battle this for month and/or years....oh the strength that they must carry!

The benefit we attended Saturday was fabulous. Looked like a very nice turnout. Really good bands and well planned out, with tons of good food on buffet and raffles and Chinese auctions. I got 2 phone calls last night that I had won two of the baskets. (They had over 100, I do believe.)   A very generous lady has offered to bring mine by today ;) So grateful for the offer for delivery. Not a whole lot of motivation to get myself and 3 yr old moving today. Still carrying a lot of pain, from head to toe. And I had gotten spoiled the last 2 weeks with Grammy picking up Simon mon thru wed 2 weeks straight for swim lessons!  He is now done, so it's back to him and I. A month ago, when it was naptime, I'd lay down and snuggle awhile then sneak away and shower and get a few things done but lately, I end up with him the whole time and doze off myself. Even mid mornings it's a struggle to keep my eye open! Doesn't seem to matter how much sleep I get off and on each day, the pure exhaustion creeps up every couple hours! I'm sure some of it is self enduced since I struggle to eat. It's just such a struggle to eat and then end up sick, for  hours afterwards. Hardly worth the effort at times. One small snack can send my body into a couple of hours of stomach pain and nausea. And I take meds to prevent it all, including i.v. med for the nausea each week.

Praying for some more strength and speedy shrinkage for this cancer! 

Happy Monday everyone. Try and stay cool, as Western PA is looking like a hot one! Beats the rain we had practically every day last week!  God bless! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment