...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday July 14th already!

Seems as if the summer is flying by! Crazy. On the one hand summer is moving so fast, but cancer treatment seems to be moving as slow as a turtle! I guess the first treatment that I was originally set up to do was 6 mths of an every 21 day cycle. And the at first treatment the side effects were so unbearable that treatment got changed to different chemo drugs and a 16 week, every 7 day cycle, but I had to let that first 21 days run out of system before starting new one. So I am only 3 weeks into the new 16 week one :/ .....although been being treated for 6 weeks total almost, the first didn't count. 

I'm still amazed that this 3rd treatment that they check my blood work before doing anything else, that the "booster" shot for white cells, still hasn't been needed. You know the one, that had TERRIBLE side effects that they wanted to just automatically give it to me without checking my counts to see if it was necessary? Super happy that I researched that one and asked to have my counts checked before the automatic injection of the nasty stuff. Now if my counts are low in any way shape or form and I do need it, Dr. had said she would give me the older one called Neugen, I believe it is called vs. the Neulasta. BUT neither has been needed thus far. Body is maintaining my cell counts on its own as of so far! 

I guess it's always best to do your research and ask as many questions as you can, and never assume the doctors know everything. It's a reality check for me to have to question any of this. I tend to put a lot of faith and major life changing decisions into their hands without even questioning it. They are people who make errors too.  Will watch and follow my treatment and pay closer attention now. :)

Waiting for morning meds to kick in. Working on trying to take them as prescribed and get over the concept of trying to "hold off" and see if they are necessary. I have pill popping phobia, that I try and take as little as possible and not as often as I should in hopes that I can handle the side effects on my own. THUS  I end up and make myself suffer a  little more than necessary. Sooooo, I am trying to accept the reality that they are needed and I have to make a better effort of just taking them as prescribed.

Yesterdays cancer benefit for another, went very well. Took the baby and met some of my friends and mom and Pappy even stopped by. Couldn't stay to long, but was able to eat a little and play some raffles. Seemed they had a pretty good turn out and hoping they were able to raise enough money to really help out that family!

Today is supposed to be a high of 90! We will be headed to grammy's pool later for a picnic and swim. Love family time. Looking forward to floating poolside with all my loved ones. Have to set off flea bombs and take Paige (my 10 yr old peek a poo) along with while bombing the house. Yes, we have fleas. Augh, I have ONE ten lb doggy who NEVER goes outdoors other than to the deck, as she has been paper trained the past ten yrs, and EVERY summer she is flea infested!  She has been flea dipped, $30, had Advantix on her and or Frontline $50, and STILL has fleas. So today will be bombing the house while away and taking her along to flea bath her AGAIN. Poor thing. She must be pretty tasty. lol I've noticed during chemo, not even a mosquito will bite me. It's like they KNOW I'm full of poison every Thursday!

I want summer to slow down, feels like it's passing by too quickly! But I want chemo treatments to speed up! lol Guess I can't have it both ways. :( darn it. 

Spent another night on race car bed in living room. :) Nice and comfy with a brand new memory foam mattress on it. Had a box spring donated to me on Friday, and now this bed is just so comfy and with all the tossing turning I do, I don't interrupt anyone else's sleep time!

Off to start my day. Well, actually that's a lie. Off to have my tea and wait for meds to kick in. ;) 

Happy Sunday to all, and gob bless! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment