...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thursday, chemo day.

Yippy. Almost 6 am. Waiting on morning meds to kick in, then prepare for chemo. I leave around 7:45 to check in at 8. I have a friend from almost 20 yrs ago taking me this morning so that we can catch up! We have both been crazy busy the past few years but try and update each other on our lives a few times a year :) Looking forward to getting a little time in with her! She's an early riser too, so this gives sister and mom a chance to sleep in a little before they come and check on me. And Miss Tiff, ALWAYS pops in at some point, god love her, usually to watch me sleep. I think I dose off so comfortably when she's there because it usually gives Shelly or mom chance to go do something and I can feel Tiff's presence with me. Not sure why I need that, but hey, it works!

Kaleb (my baby before the baby, he's 20 now) will be watching Simon <3 this morning while at chemo. It's hard sometimes to find a sitter for Simon at 730 am lol a lot of my friends and family are like me, not real happy morning people. ;) 

Brian's mom is now offering to help, which will make things easier. She had prior obligations this morning but next week maybe she can have chemo day. Chemo day is getting shorter though. First 2 were from 8 to 3:30ish, but now we are close to 8 to between 1 and 2, I think. Not sure, I'm a little out of it, because of the benedryl i.v. I get. It knocks me right out. And in a few weeks I can knock another hour off once my iron is back up. It was so low I get an hour i.v. bag of it for 6 weeks, but once that's caught up, that first hour can be removed! Happy dance. Less time in chair. And I  end with a B12 shot x 6 weeks too. Maybe today I will pay attention to what and when and how long each bag of stuff is and share with ya. :)

I did call and talk to head nurse about my nurse last week. Had to do it, and didn't want to right before treatment. Wanted it out of the way before I went in today.  Pretty sure I shared what happened on here?!? Maybe? lol Can't recall, I don't reread any posts. I don't like too. Anyhow she missed my iron last week and eye rolled when I asked about it, and kinda stomped off to check my chart, then sighed and said yes I needed it first. Then all morning she changed i.v. meds without telling me what they were and how long. Other nurses always tell me, and its nice to know. Then at the end she said you are all done and can leave, and I told her, I needed a B12 shot because my paperwork said B12 x 6 too, and only had 2 so far. She again sighed and tromped away to check paperwork and came back and slammed that shot into my arm. lol My arm and port got bruised from her, not being so happy with me. So I called yesterday and talked with them and told them I just REALLY didn't want her working on me, period! Makes me very uncomfortable to have to tell them what treatments I need. I thought that's what they were there to do! The head nurse I talked to was pleasant enough, but she did say that sometimes people have personality conflicts.  UMMMMM I have no personality conflict with that lady at all, I don't even know her!  She just happened to be who I got stuck with that day, and forgot 2 of my needed treatments that were on my chart and THAT made me nervous for her other patients! What if it were something more vital? Anyhow, she assured me that I didn't have to have her again. Which is good. That one made me nervous. As if I don't have enough anxiety lol

Simon got up at 530 when I did. BUT he crawled into his new race car bed, grammy found at yard sale, and fell back asleep. Thank goodness. Too early for that sweet little face to be awake!  :)

I did go for wings last night, during our TERRIBLE weather. Simon had a blast with all his friends! lol His fav sitter Allie was there and his new buddy Calub, so he was pretty happy to get out of house. I managed a few fries and one wing. lol and lotsa ginger ale! Glad we went though as I got to see couple handfuls of my close friends that I hadn't seen for a few days.

Slept fairly well too. Off and on a bit but over all not too bad. I get my benedryl nap in though at chemo  later lol then when I come home afterwards I get my snuggle nappy in with Simon.  Chemo really makes you sleepy. Naps are precious when you have a 3 yr old. And I was truly blessed with a good one!

I have managed to quit looking for and trying to put on my headband at night before face washing lol. Years of that routine took a couple weeks to get rid of the habit. Always used headband to keep bangs off my face to wash it before bed. BUT I do still go for the towel wrapping hair after shower and catch my self and laugh. Bald heads just wipe off, and it still doesn't hit me till I bend over to throw the towel on! then I giggle again at myself. And hang the towel up. :)  hey I am blond...well...when I have hair. My eyebrows are still blond....  ;)

Happy thirsty Thursday to everyone. :) Hope everyone has a fab day. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment