...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

A beautiful sunday with family plans ahead.

Today the plan is to head over to mom's with a high of 81 here in PA. Mom tends to crank the heat up on the pool for the little ones and us older ones who tend to chill easily! Picnic and some family time sounds wonderful about now. :)

The day after chemo went fairly well, with going in to my first Neulasta Shot. The shot was tolerable, but will say I tiny bit painful as it was a muscle shot in back of arm. No real side effects from it, altho I had prepped with their advice on the Claritin pill day before , day of and day after.   That evening I was able to go couple of hours and watch my Pens game (sadly we lost) and was able to enjoy being out of the house felling "normal"!  Chemo day comes with steroids the day before, day of and day after. Then the Neulasta shot comes with Claritin pill day before, day of and day after. so By Saturday some of the "aids" that help control the side effects were wearing off. :( Yesterday a bit rough. I've had steroids before for some back stuff, and the heartburn coming off them can be a it intense and the aches and pains in the bones are a little annoying. But over all tolerable. Spent most of the day up and down trying to get comfy. I get upset with myself when my mind wants to accomplish things but my body doesn't cooperate! lol Better get used tot that though!!! Oh, btw, I do have to take the anti nausea meds every 6 hours, the queasiness just doesn't seem to ease up for me at this time. (again, tolerable but annoying, so long as I don't drop too low I will be happy!) And I also still take the Xanax at night, and the Vikoden for the bone and muscle aches. This all is very difficult for me at times, since I've been a prescription med free person for over 4 years by choice.But I am giving it my all for my children and family!. :( But this isn't about me right now, it's about survival and making it thru each day with as much comfort as possible!

But cheers to a  new day ahead. Try and make some brownies here later for mom's and hoping to be able to maintain an fairly carefree day with my most  loved ones!!   That's what keep me going each day! 

Hope everyone enjoys their beautiful Sunday that the Lord has created for us to rest! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment