...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Mondays. Slighty cloudy with some sun trying to poke through!

Morning started with little one all smiles and ready to start the day. Oh to be 3 again and wake up full of energy and optimism!  :) His little face all ready to take on the day bright and early! I on the other hand thinking about that first cup of tea and hoping the "kinks" of a 40 yr old loosen up in the first hour! lol

Got the little one settled in with his breakfast tray and his matchbox cars. Then made my call to the Hospital to the PET scan dept. to refresh my memory on the prep which starts tomorrow for it. (I keep a note pad and pen handy when doctors call and take notes all the time!) BUT my scribble notes kind of ran together and I couldn't tell which prep went with which test! So, my phone call started with an apology with a feeble attempt to explain that I normally am more responsible with note taking! She said she understood, and went over the prep with me a second time. MADE sure I took better notes and labeled it PET scan! Nothing to difficult. No exercise, no sugar, lots of water the day before and fasting 6 hours prior to scan. I can handle all that. Forgot to ask how long scan took. Forgot to ask how it is done. I do remember being told no babies or small shildren around me for 3 hours post test. Guess I'm getting the afternoon off. Maybe head to mom's pool and float in the sun pending the sun is shining. That's the plan so far.

Thurday is first day of chemo. 8 am. Chemo plan is called TCH. That's all pending the outcome of the PET scan on Wed. If PET scan shows anything else the chemo plan may be altered. But right now thats the plan. I'm trying to avoid thinking about it too much right now. Best to put it on the backburner and dwell on it the night before maybe! :) 

Off to focus on this little guy this morning. He keeps me distracted. A very good thing. Today feels like it could easily be another one of those backslides into self pity, where I'd like to hide in bed under the covers! BUT we can't be doing that, now can we!  I've always dreaded those days where I've felt like that. So many others have it so much worse and there's no room in this house to feel sorry for myself.  Maybe once I get this little guy to nap, I can shower and slap a little makeup on and clean up the house a bit. That always seems to help! Happy Monday to all. May the sun shine over everyone and keep happy thoughts all week!  <3



No comments:

Post a Comment