...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

First new chemo night.

I'm feeling ok. A little sick but very tolerable. A little sad too but I'm coping. A tear slips out once in awhile but I can bat it way! :)

Chemo was a breeze today really. Sat and got meds, bags after bags of stuff. Fell asleep a couple hours and didnt know it. Had Shel there and mom (I slept thru) and Tiff a while. :) And so many others that prayed for me and sent messages of love and support. <3

Made idiot request after waking up for KFC tater wedges and gravy, that Tiff ran and got me some. It sat well during chemo but kicked in when time to leave. Did NOT want to go home with bathroom under construction, so went to Tiffs. It was a good move LOL I wanted Shel to have chemo sicky sister break. ;)  At Tiffs I sat and relaxed then ran to her bathroom to get rid of KFC. :) Felt better but belly cramps stayed with awhile. I am happy it went thru though system though since it had been several days of taking laxatives and stool softeners and NOTHING. So all good now. Chemo is rough on bowels and can land you in hospital from one extreme to the other. So all good again.

My hair is buzzed and shaved into a very short boy cut but this evening I lost tons of it just on top and in front. :/ I cant rock the male pattern baldness thing so I give it a day or so and want it razor cut off. I just can't bear to see the top gone and sides still there. I'm being big baby about it. I :)
will feel better with it all off.

Tried on wig and it does make me feel better so I am PRAYING I can make it out sat nite for a friend in town who wants a small "reunion" of us to sing and play some karaoke!  Praying to feel well enough to go and see everyone!  <3 a normal night!

Simon is getting some well needed time with his big sister which is wonderful!  She loves him as much as I do, and has just finished 4.5 yr s college and looking for job, so she was off and watched Simon all day for me. Felt good knowing someone was here that followed my routine! She even kept him on my nap schedule!! Happy happy thoughts!

Waiting to get sleepy. Hoping its soon. Tomorrow Si is going with other grandma awhile at 10 am. Hoping I still feel as well as I do now, and MAYBE make a girls lunch get together! AFTER bubble bath in new tub!!!

THANK god for family, that got a useable safe tub in for me today!! Lotsa of small things still need finished up like floor and light fixture and stuff but tub is ready for me!!! 

Off for the night, and feeling physically pretty good. <3 God bless everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment