...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mama and baby both feeling under the weather tonight!

Long day. :/ Missed my baby, while he visited grammy overnight until his antibiotics were in him 24 hours!  But he's home now, still with a fever but back in mama's arms! Just an ear infection, his first real illness! Poor little guy! And he had gotten his first real haircut, I think, day before yesterday?  Looks all grown up!  :(  But my mind and heart are at peace again having him back home!

Today was blood work day at the Center. and I got a bag of iron and a B12 shot. Both very uneventful. Felt pretty good this morning but by mid afternoon and evening I started feeling ill again. Just a general all over icky feeling. Hoping my Pain pill and Xanax kick in soon and I'm off into wonderland. :)

I'm extremely edgy and irritable lately. It's very hard to contain at times. The only "safe" person is the baby from my moods. Just hard to be nice and upbeat and friendly feeling so bad all the time. I need to try a little harder. I've noticed over the past few weeks that some "friends" that you think are "friends" kind of disappear if you aren't able to keep up with the social things that were once possible. But I guess that's how the ball rolls. I'm absorbing it, and praying that I never become one of those. I'd hate to think that I am the type of friend who bails if one of mine would get ill or have a serious medical condition. And this is only 1 month in! lol So to those that bailed after just a few weeks I guess it's best I accept it now anyhow!

I don't like cancer. Never really new to much about it, but wow, have I been educated and so quickly. It bites. Actually no, it sucks. I have to use that word because it's one of my least favorites.  I've overcome some pretty big hurdles in my life and I will overcome this one too, just today I feel a little discouraged. Maybe its hormones. Hmmm. No sense pondering it.

Lets see, I have 3 beautiful healthy boys, and a WONDERFUL family support system and some really great friends....I'm focusing ;) happy thoughts!!! This week is another one of my favorite small local carnivals, maybe, just maybe, we can pop over for an hour or so this week. If not, there will be others.

Well enough of the "pity me for one day and night! Tomorrow is a new day! And the sun will shine!! Sweet dreams!  God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. It is pretty bad that when you are going through a rough time that people who you thought were your friends and should be there for support are no where around. That is when you find out who your true friends are. You know i love you and would do anything for you. Keep your head up and worry about you and not them.

    ReplyDelete