...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

And on the 7th day....

Sunday. Thank goodness! God really had the perfect plan for this day! Bit off a little more than I planned with construction and an evening out and some house guests after starting a new chemo. ;)

I feel much better than the last chemo though for sure. Weekly Taxol is certainly more tolerable than the 21 day cycle Taxotere.  For me anyhow. Still the nausea and the weakness and general all over icky feeling with some head soreness and muscle pain but for sure better than the first one. That first one was comparable to a flu x10 lol.  I feel so drained so easily doing little things, but todays plan is to do nothing.

The house projects I took on were unexpected online flea market bartering, that I just couldn't pass up! So that all started yesterday and seems to be going fairly well. Hoping to get most of it finished up though today, as its a bit overwhelming with the mess and lack of tub and sink to use, but will be well worth it once its all done. I have a new tub, shower,  flooring and lighting fixture in process. And I will be getting 2 new screen doors put on also! I really though, can't wait to fill that tub up and sit in it....may have to pry me from it once I wrinkle up at this point!

Last night was a fabulous time with friends we hadn't seen in many years!  I didn't last as long as I'd hoped but still had a great time and made it longer than I thought!  I started the evening with hair, but that didn't last too long. The itchies and soreness overtook me and I resorted to my comfy hat! Maybe this wig thing will get better in time and towards fall but right now its just not comfortable. I'm 40. I need comfy more than vanity. lol  We had a nice time though and for a little bit I felt close to a normal person vs. sick person. :)

Still have difficulty passing a mirror. I guess in time it will improve. Makeup does wonders for the morale though. With my face on I do feel a lot better, but I still LOOK like a sick person. That part is hard to get used to. I know I am still having issues with the acceptance part of this, but I'm getting a little better each day with it. It's a process in the works ;)

Off to relax and do absolutely nothing today. Looking forward to construction projects getting done and perhaps a nice long Epsom salt soak this evening!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment