...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hump day..remembering when "half way to the weekend" was happy thought!

Less than a month ago, on a Wednesday mornig I'd wake up full of cheer thinking wow 2 more days and the weekend will be here! Weekend's are for family gatherings, sleeping in, sat night date night, and lotsa lounging around! Today is wed. Woke up with panic over trying to grab a quick shower, get some clothes on the baby, pack his little day bag for his grandma's, fix myself up and be out the door by 9:30. Got the baby, out the door and Shelly came to pick me up. (All this minus my morning tea, due to the "fasting" issue.) But, I made it. All good.

Pet scan was a breeze once I got there. They checked my blood sugar, 91, all good, and gave me my injection of radiation tracer mixed with glucose. Then you sit very still for an hour and wait. After your hour wait, you then go to the scan area which took around 45 min for mine. No issues. All done. 2 to 3 days for the results they said. Altho mine will be expidited to oncology by morning, before chemo starts at 8 am. Yay. I can honestly say I'm not any more or less anxious about the results than I've been the last few weeks. OF COURSE I'm hoping and praying it's all clear other than the confirmed lump in the right breast, but I'm really not in crazy mode thinking anything worse. I guess, I'm more in limbo, of this is all out of my hands and in gods. What will be will be.

Yesterday, was a bit different. Yesterday, I felt lousy. Crabby, self pity, miserable, and all that not so good stuff. The worst part is when people ask you what is wrong and what can they do. I have no answer on those type of days. :/ I don't know why some days are fab and hopeful and other days are just sad and selfish. But it seems to always pass.

Well, tomorrow is the first day of chemo. And PET results! Off to relax and will TRY and write tomorrow, for any that may be out there reading....  happy thoughts to all!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment