...my breast cancer story.

The ups and downs of my breast cancer story.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

First Day of Chemo.

Long. Boring. 8am started and got outa there at 330 :) BUT PET SCAN IS CLEAR!!!!! Woop woop! Big happy dance! By clear I mean that other than my breast cancer from head to toe nothing has spread. Results read negative for metastasis. YAY! 

First chemo is put in way slower than any other one will be so they can see how your body reacts. So, I'm giving a little detail in case anyone is ever curious as to what they do.

First was access to port with iv, she said I'd feel a big pinch, I felt nothing at all. Then I had I think 30 min of anti nausea (long acting 5 day drug) and steroids. After that, they did Docetaxel, Carboplatin, and Tras...something (nurses handwriting is not very good LOL ) so not sure of how those are spelled. Don't really remember how long each was but they were long. lol I felt pretty good but very very sleepy. I slept thru a visitor even :/ . My mom, sister, fiancĂ©, friend Tiff all came and visited me. And a friend Brian, (but I slept thru his visit) oops. Mostly felt just kind of "off" all day. Now it's not so pleasant but its tolerable.

I'd REALLY like to see some comments. Anyone out there? Just let me know you're out there and why you are reading all my boring thoughts! LOL I would really like to hear from anyone! <3

Off to kiss my baby, he's been ditching me the last couple days :/ Missing my snuggle buddy, but now that a lot of the pre testing junk is out of the way, I will be around him more! Hopefully! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment